Provided by Sonnewald Natural Foods
The following is a compilation of general basic ideas to help you generate good health and help prevent future health challenges. Please feel free to apply these basic principles to your current health program.
1. Get more oxygen in your bloodstream by doing the following:
• Exercise 30 minutes, 3-4 times per week, more is better (adds oxygen, helps to keep our bodies flexible, minds clear, and relieves stress).
• Deep breathing
• If possible, spend time in the country and around trees
• Supplement Oxygen (ask us where it is)
• Use air purifiers
• If you smoke, please stop today any way that you can!
2. Drink at least 1/2 your body weight of clean water daily in ounces (i.e.- a 150 lb. person would drink at least 75 oz. of water per day)! If
you choose distilled...please add +/- 1/2 teaspoon trace minerals per gallon. Other nutritional beverages include the following: herbal
teas (caffeine free), fresh fruit and vegetable juices (dilute fruit juices 50%, as they contain too much natural sugar), any of the green
drinks (Barley Green, Kyo Green, etc.).
3. Take time each day to be still - meditate, pray or just sit quietly. Helps reduce stress.
4. Get at least 6-8 hours of deep, sound sleep each night. It is during the night that your body repairs and rebuilds itself. Restful sleep is critical to good health.
5. Clean up your diet! Eliminate the following from your diet (they are all health destroyers):
• All refined sugars - white, brown, corn syrup, etc.
• All Chemicals - preservatives, additives, herbicides, pesticides, synthetic fertilizers
• Artificial sweeteners (use Stevia, a natural sweet herb, instead)
• All refined wheat flour - any white flour products, bread, cookies, etc.
• All hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated fats - found in many processed foods
• Margarine (use a little butter instead) fats are killers!
• All carbonated beverages - soda
• Pasteurized and/or homogenized dairy products except butter or yogurt
• All black teas (they are fermented)
• Coffee (even decaf)
• Chocolate (too much caffeine, hydrogenated fats, and sugar)