Chicken Fingers (gluten-free; dairy free)
ServING SIZE 3- 4
• 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts • 2 large eggs
• 1 cup blanched almond flour • 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
• 1 teaspoon sea salt • 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Rinse the chicken, pat dry, and slice into 2-inch-wide strips.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs. Dip each chicken strip into the egg, then coat with the almond flour mixture.
3. Heat the grapeseed and olive oils in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté the chicken in the oil for 3 to 6 minutes per side, until golden brown.
4. Transfer the chicken to a paper towel, lined plate and serve hot.
Terri from “The Creator’s Kitchen” made this recipe, cutting the chicken into nuggets instead of fingers (as pictured). Serve them with your favorite dipping sauce(s).
Recipe from, “the GLUTEN-FREE ALMOND FLOUR COOKBOOK,” by Elana Amsterdam. See also www.elanaspantry.com.
Chocolatey Peanut Butter Crispy Rice Treats (Gluten-Free)
By Destiny Stone Published 07/23/2010
• 3 Tablespoons butter or butter substitute • 1/2 cup gluten-free peanut butter
• 1 (10 oz) bag gluten-free marshmallows • 5 cups gluten free crispy rice cereal
• 1/2 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract • 1 cup gluten-free chocolate chips (optional)
• 1/5 teaspoon salt
1. Grease an 8×8 square glass pan.
2. Melt the butter in a large pan or dutch oven over low heat. Add the marshmallows, vanilla, salt and peanut butter, stirring constantly until melted and smooth; this takes several minutes.
3. Remove from heat and add cereal, stirring until well mixed. Scrape the mixture into the prepared pan and press it into the pan with a greased spatula (or you can place a piece of waxed paper over it and press down).
4. If you want to add a chocolate coating on top of your crispy rice treats, place chocolate chips in small, microwave-safe bowl and heat in 30 second intervals until melted; stirring as needed.
5. Spread melted chocolate over the bars and allow to set completely, about 2 hours at room temperature (you can also place them in the refrigerator or freezer to speed up this process).
6. Cut bars into squares and serve.
Serving Size 4-6
• 1 bunch Curly Kale, chopped • 2 Orange (or red) Bell Pepper, thinly sliced
• 1 cup Cauliflower, diced • 1 cup Red Cabbage, sliced
• 1/4 cup Olive Oil • 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
• 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt • 1 tablespoon Honey (raw preferred)
• Avocado sliced on top
Mix in a bowl and serve. It was fine leftover with the dressing mixed in. (Suggested additions: red onion, tomato)