Becky of The Creator’s Kitchen
1. Homemade Tea Tree Mix - repels mosquitoes, ticks, air freshener, disinfectant, antibiotic, and poison ivy shield (see Recipes for recipe!)
2. Daiya Cheese - best non-dairy, non-soy, melt-able cheese for the best Mac-n- Cheese ever, artichoke dip, pizza topping, quesadillas on rice tortillas, etc. yum etc.
3. Endovan, Restored Balance Natural PMS Progesterone Cream – whole new world (for everyone) and without endometriosis rearing up!
4. Borax, Bon-Ami, Baking Soda, Vinegar - cannot say enough about cleaning with these inexpensive, basic products
5. Cinnamon and nuts – Nothing becomes like a dessert better than tossing cinnamon and nuts in hot pan with Dairy Free alternative.
6. Better Homes and Garden Cookbook and Family Recipes - Take what you love and are comfortable with serving, but substitute ingredients, experiment, and take the recipe one step closer to better health and wellness!
7. Naturtint or Tints of Nature - Organic living has been shown to improve natural hair color. Well, until I see less gray in my roots…these products are a must!
8. Herbal Teas hot or cold - to keep it fun, mix a few tea bags of whatever smells good, as you add them to the hot water. Use up those last tea bags and concoct your own brews. Use your nose to guide you! Sweeten them with fresh fruits.
9. Smoothies – add fresh fruit, nuts, ground flax, anything to unsweetened almond or coconut milk to up the protein and make it fresh and fabulous.
10. Bible - The lessons to be learned are endless, especially for the health of the Tribes of Israel in the Old Testament!
Just one more…
11. Seltzer Water – the ones with nothing artificial or sugar substitute – have a glass solo or add juices, slices of citrus or berries, etc. to create refreshing carbonated fizz to go along with your “soda” foods like pizza. I have never have missed soda!
Terri of The Creator’s Kitchen
1. The Bible – It provides all the ingredients. I sure love the writer.
2. Cod Liver Oil (Garden of Life) – My skin and hair is softer and I feel it’s helped reduce my psoriasis (skin disorder). When I first started taking it, I found myself craving it, which leads me to believe my body needed t. It comes in (flavored) liquid and capsules.
3. Lip Balm - “Hi, I’m on the team at the Creator’s Kitchen and I’m a lip balm addict.” I never leave home without it and it can be found in many rooms of my home. There are many “certified organic” lip balms available at various supermarkets and drug stores. I tend to pick up those with shea butter because I don’t seem to need to re-apply as often.
4. Unrefined Shea Butter - Unlike cod liver oil, mentioned in item #1, shea butter is used topically. It’s a superb moisturizer for the skin and has shown to help wrinkles, eczema, blemishes, rashes, dermatitis, and other skin disorders. Shea butter also has wound-healing (anti-bacterial) properties to heal skin problems in a healthy, soothing way. It is more beneficial when it is 100% pure or natural.
5. Agave - Agave is an all natural/organic low-glycemic sweetener with no artificial chemicals. I use it in tea, in oatmeal, on pancakes, and for anything else I want to sweeten.
6. Goat’s Milk – This one is actually a favorite of my husband. He enjoys his milk most at dinnertime. Goat’s milk is good for human consumption as it is easily digestible because it contains less lactose. It digests in only 20-minutes vs. 3-hours for pasteurized cow’s milk.
7. Nature’s Gate (natural toothpaste) - This toothpaste is fluoride free, and promotes healthy teeth and gums.
8. Distilled Water – Most individuals are lacking water, which is known to be the result of headaches, backaches, and other aches. Distilled water also acts as a cleanser. I currently purchase distilled water for approximately 40 cents a gallon but hope to purchase a water filter in the very near future.
9. Neti/Nasal Cleansing Pot - When I start to feel environmental allergies bothering me or a cold coming on, I immediately start using my Neti Pot. Within days the symptoms are gone. It’s a small pot in which you mix lukewarm water and very fine salt. It’s poured into one nasal passage and drains out the other. It might sound nasty but it makes sense to me because it’s going out of my system and not down my throat and back into my body. This is nothing worse than gargling with warm salt water.
10. Earth Science Eye Make-up Remover - I had been using petroleum jelly to remove my eye make-up until a firefighter told me it’s a carbon and therefore a toxin. This fragrance free product contains chamomile and green tea, is paraben free and is hypo-allergenic.
Molly from Norfolk, VA
Navy wife, mother of four girls, all benefitting from her dedication and care
1. Sunbutter- sunflower seed butter
2. Enjoy Life Cocoa Loco Chewy Bars on the Go
3. Daiya cheese
4. Food for Life Rice Tortillas
5. Rice Dream raspberry dark chocolate non-dairy frozen treat
6. Ener-G egg replacer
7. Enjoy Life Boom-Choco-Boom chocolate bars
8. Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips
9. Go Raw Super Cookies
10. Amande Almond milk Yogurt
11. ALL the So Delicious coconut milk products… I can’t count :)
Jen from York, PA
Wife, mother of two, all taking on new health with gusto
1. Vinegar and baking soda for cleaning.
2. Mother’s Graham Bumpers cereal to replace Golden Grahams for Ellie.
3. Late July Cheesy Crackers – mini organic crackers great for a school snack or car rides.
Georgia from York, PA
Age 70 with exercise and gardening to keep her moving and groovin’
1. Blueberries, walnuts, oatmeal!
2. Simple, pure foods
3. Lots of exercise and gardening
4. Water- drink a lot of water
5. Seven to eight hours of sleep per day
6. Look for the best life offers each day keeps me going into my senior years!
The Federoff’s from Trout Run, PA
Products we can’t live without:
1. RAW milk and dairy products
2. Green & Black chocolates
3 Late July organic snacks (cookies, chips, etc.)
4. Green Smoothies
5. Angell organic candy bars
6. Natural Sodas (Izze and Blue Sky)
7. Coconut oil
8. Homemade Baby Wipes (see recipes)
9. Cloth Diapers
10. Vitamin C Therapy (for treating colds and flu)
Josiah from MD
Becky’s 9 year old son with his favorites when all the kids are eating “Dye Food and Stuff”
1. Planet Harmony gummy snacks- easy to make “Dirt Cups” with gummy worms, Gluten Free chocolate sandwich cookie, and TruWhip or frozen non dairy
2. Envirokids Koala Krisp Cereal mixed with their Panda Puffs – easy dessert or in place of the junk cereals when you travel. Great to take the whole boxes and share with other kiddos…especially when parents say, “Oh, they won’t like that…”
3. Glee Gum
4. Mom’s Chicken Nuggets and Mac-cheese (all Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free)
5. Bob’s Red Mill Pizza Crust Mix topped with Daiya Mozzeralla Vegan cheese! Substitute the yeast packet: Use equal parts Baking soda and lemon juice or vinegar. You mix in the soda with the dry ingredients, then add the juice with the wet ingredients. When it reacts, it fizzes up, making the dough “rise”.